Happy Monday! I feel out of sorts because I never got back into a regular posting routine last week with all the technical difficulties and things. I think I have figured out the problem so hopefully I will be able to get more things up on here. I went on a crazy baking spree yesterday and now have a backlog of recipes to share!
Since I don’t think I updated you on what’s going on with me and running, let me now tell you that we are still having a disagreement. When I tried running after my 2.5 week hiatus, my knee played along until mile 2 when it decided to dick around with me. I had someone at work look at me and I got some dry needling in an area she suspected to be the culprit, so I am going to attempt running again tonight and will probably need to be needled again tomorrow. I am just hoping that this gets resolved soon! I feel like I am constantly injured in one way or another despite consciously trying to not overdo it and take care of my body.
One quick thing I made this weekend was basil salt. I saw this on the internet when looking for something to do with the mass amounts of basil I had purchased. The only thing I knew to do with it was make pesto, but this was an exciting new idea for me! Behold the basil salt:
- 1 cup packed basil leaves
- 1 cup kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees. Combine basil and salt in blender or food processor and coarsely blend
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup and spread mixture evenly across it.
- Bake at 225 degrees for 30-40 minutes, breaking up clumps around the halfway point
- Let the salt cool, then add it back to the blender/processor and blend to desired coarseness