A friend of mine loaded me up with a bunch of herbs the other day and I wanted to find a way to use them before they went bad. Of course I have no trouble using basil, but she gave me some thyme and mint that I need to use soon. I came up with this smoothie this morning in an attempt to use up the mint and it turned out pretty well. I was so full from the banana and avocado! Now if I can find some way to use this thyme. Help?
I wanted protein in my smoothie because I eat a big salad for lunch and want to make sure I am getting enough, so that’s where the chocolate comes in. You can make it with any flavor protein powder you want or no protein powder at all; it’s up to you. I also threw in chia seeds because I always use them in my smoothies for a nutritional boost and a natural thickener. Hope you enjoy!
Chocolate Avocado Banana Mint Smoothie
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (or other flavor or none)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 banana
- 2 big handfuls of greens (I use mixed greens)
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 6 mint leaves (alter to suit your mint tolerance)
- 1 cup of ice
- 2 cups of water or other liquid of preference
- Add ingredients to blender. Put powder and chia seeds in first so they don’t explode and blow all over the place when you turn it on.
- Blend until smooth. If it is still too thick for you, add liquid a small amount at a time until desired consistency is reached.
In some exciting entrepreneurial news, I have had a number of people ask to buy my almond butter. In a little over a week I have already sold four! How exciting! Guess I will quit my day job. I wonder what will happen when they find out that I can make all sorts of nut butter concoctions…
I also got my business cards to take to FitBloggin at the end of the month. I am so grateful to my friend Katy who hooked me up with the design. Networking here I come!
I hope that everyone has a great Thursday! I am back to Bikram tonight. I haven’t been running or to the gym in 3 weeks. AHHHH. Yesterday was National Running Day. Guess what I didn’t do yesterday?
Question(s) of the day: What kind of smoothies do you like? Who else is going to FitBloggin? Who wants some nut butter?